Get involved with GDF-USA
Unity in Diversity Academy
The Academy fosters community-based dialogue as a practical and effective process to advance conflict transformation. Small clusters of people, from all walks of life, experience a multi-week program in person and virtually. There is no charge to participate as a member. The application process is necessary to ensure that each cluster is diverse.
The process includes periodic full-group (cluster) sessions, and each member commits to meeting (virtually or in-person) with their cohort (3-5 people) every 7-10 days for 30-60 minute guided conversations to practice various techniques that foster candid conversations, disrupt bias and improve cultural intelligence.
Member Takeaways and Opportunities:
- Personal Diversity Assessment
- Interactive in-person and virtual workshops
- Special Guest Experts presentations and dialogue
- Action Planning Worksheets
- And much more
Cluster Objectives: Members will:
- Understand bias and how it impacts actions and decisions
- Be able to participate in and lead candid conversations that address challenging community issues (e.g. race, housing, healthcare; economics; justice, etc.)
- Be able to practice the S.T.O.P. techniques to mitigate micro-aggressions and micro-inequities
- Develop a personal strategy for action
Application - Coming Soon
Contact us to learn more.
Contact us to explore ways to support GDF-USA via in-kind and financial contributions.
There is so much to do to bring about unity in diversity that no one organization can do it alone. Therefore, we welcome alliances with other not-for-profit organizations with similar missions and goals. There is no charge to form an Alliance – just an agreement to be mutually supportive and promote each other’s organizations in the best way possible. If you are interested in forming an Alliance with us, please click here to contact us.